This Privacy Statement explains what personal data we collect about you and how we use your data when you interact with www.skinsake.com. This Privacy Statement does not apply to websites, applications, or services not operated by us or that do not display or link to this Privacy Statement.
Any personal data you provide to us and from which you can be identified is processed, stored securely and confidentially in accordance with applicable legislation. We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to applicable industry standards including encrypting your information to protect against unauthorized or unlawful processing of your personal data. This occurs when you make purchases or in any other way provide your personal information in electronic communication with our Website.
On making a purchase through our Website, we will retain certain limited personal information such as your name, email address and postal address until you ask us to update or delete those details. We retain transaction information for as long as required by law and retain information regarding your website browsing history for a similar period.
1. Information We Collect
Information You Actively Provide.
- Contact information including name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address
- Payment information including credit or debit card numbers
- Username and password to register an account
- Country of residence information
- Search queries
- Comments, images, and other information posted through stories or comments
- Correspondence you send to us
- Information collected offline such as when you contact Customer Service via phone
Information We Automatically Collect. When you browse our Website, some information is automatically collected whether or not you are registered, purchase a product, register to receive our emails, send us messages, interact with us or our partners (such as advertisers and advertising networks and affiliates that may collect user information). Information collected may include your location, language, assumed gender, IP address, when you visited our Website, how and from what website you arrived on our Website, where you visit after our Website, the pages you visited, how long you spend browsing individual pages on our Website, any products you have purchased, and the browser and type of device you used to access our Website.
Information about your activity and usage on the site, and links you click may also be collected.
2. How We Use Your Information
We use personal data about you to:
- Fulfill your requests for products, services and information
- Enable you to participate in interactive features on our site
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer services
- Send you service related information, including confirmations, updates, support, and administrative messages
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our site
- Monitor site metrics, such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- Diagnose or fix technology problems
- Otherwise support the internal operations of the company and our services
- Communicate with you about contests, promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our partners
- Protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information with your consent.
3. Disclosure and Sharing of Your Information
Skin Sake does not share your personal data except as follows:
- Authorized third-party service providers. We use service providers to help us run our business and perform various functions related to our services. Third-party service providers process your personal data only on our behalf and subject to confidentiality agreements. We may also share your personal data with our professional advisers, including, without limitation, our insurers, suppliers, business partners and sub-contractors, third party advertisers and search engine and web analytics providers.
- Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with or during negotiation of a substantial business transaction, such as the sale, merger, financing, acquisition, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, dissolution transaction, or other transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company.
- Legal purposes. We may disclose your information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims, debt collections, or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, property, safety, and security of Skin Sake, our users, or the public.
4. Protecting Your Information
When purchasing goods from our site we secure all financial transactions using Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”). Access to your personal information is limited to a small number of employees who require access to your personal information in order to perform a specific job or function.